Monday, April 14, 2008

SPRING HAS ARRIVED IN THE ANTELOPE VALLEY, CA

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Crochet Thread Plus - Internet Shop of Crochet Threads





Spring has truly arrived - it gets really warm now in the afternoons - and my miniature rose bush has buds that are starting to open!





Here - take a look!!





This picture shows sub buds opening up with bright dark pink roses - and if you look closely, you can see some buds that are still closed on these branches.

Actually there are lots and lots of buds - in a week or two, the bush will be full of miniature red roses.

It is getting close to 7 years since I moved in here - a previous tenant planted this little miniature rose bush out in front - well since I have been here it has grown and grown - and there are a couple of smaller bushes next to it now -- and at various times of the year I have a bush full of roses!

I have learned to prune it regularly, because then I have more blooms!!

As my little front yard garden develops over the spring, summer and fall months, I'll periodically post pictures of the different plants.

When my rose bush is in full bloom - I'll show it here on my blog!!

Ruth

No comments :