Sunday, December 21, 2008

WARM, ALL COTTON FINGERLESS MITTENS!!

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Designs Wearable - Internet Shop of Wearable Items



I have been crocheting hats and scarves and sweaters - warm things for the winter - for years - since I was a teenager actually!!



This year I also added knitting them!!



-- And I made my first pair of fingerless mittens - for myself.



I knitted them in Peaches & Creme worsted cotton - double strand - Bright Navy Blue and Black.










I chose cotton - Peaches & Creme worsted cotton - because I love the feel of cotton and I want to be able to wear them all the time when I am doing things, but it is cold.



Double strand, Peaches & Creme is warm - especially since I knitted them in Garter stitch.



They are WARM!! And I made them snug and long - they go up my arm about 3 inches from my wrist. And they have a covering for the thumb for warmth!



Here, take a closer look at one of them.










I am so happy with them!!



Watch for some showing up in my shop for Wearables - RSS Designs Wearables!! As I DO CUSTOM ORDERS, I can make a pair for any one in the size they want - though I will have to possibly find the colors someone wants.



Of course, Peaches & Creme has a huge selection of colors that I can get if you can wait. See here for the selection of Peaches & Creme worsted cotton yarn.



Keep Warm!!



Ruth

No comments :