Sunday, January 18, 2015

Newest Irish Crochet Lace Heart - In Marsala Reds!

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Get My Handmade on Bonanza and Privately - and on Etsy


Irish Crochet Lace Heart in Marsala Reds - Handmade By RSS Designs In Fiber


This time I made this "Irish Crochet Lace" Heart with all lustrous DMC Pearl Cotton Threads - with the main color theme being what is being called this year "Marsala" (Pantone's 2015 Color of the Year).

I have had DMC Pearl Cottons in this deep Earthy Wine Red for years and years - I believe DMC named it "Dark Garnet Red" at one time, but when I saw what "Marsala" was, I knew it was that color, which I love!!

For the 3 Multi-layer Irish Crochet Roses inside the Heart, I used a Variegated or Shaded Thread in the same color family - with Marsala Red the darkest and Baby Pink as the lightest in that Shaded Thread.

I did my best, when I photographed it to capture the luster or sheen of the DMC Pearl Cotton Thread - all of their Pearl Cotton Threads have this special "glow" to them - I understand from their description that this comes from the way it is made and twisted in France.  I just love this DMC Pearl Cotton Thread - in all sizes and colors!!

This Deep Red, "Marsala" is an indication of deep Love or Friendship - it seems to me it would make a great gift for any occasion or holiday about Love or Friendship!

I have been crocheting all kinds of things with Hearts since I started crocheting in Thread - 2003 ---

See more Irish Crochet Hearts like this one in my Etsy Shop Here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/RSSDesignsInFiber?section_id=15433511

----- and below is a You Tube video I did:
  "My Hearts by RSS Designs In Fiber"




-- and here is my current Pinterest Board, "Hearts in Fiber Arts I Made"

No comments :