Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wishing For Peace On Another Time I Will Never Forget

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber


Wishing For Peace Always!!!


 Crocheted Bird of Peace in Wood Hoop - Handmade By Ruth Sandra Sperling - Email for Custom Order


Ever since I was a little girl, growing up in a Family that did not believe in violence as a solution for anything - there were always times in our lives when I was taught "Never Forget".

And throughout my life - more times to "Never Forget" got added.  They were always times of some kind of violence and destruction and incredible sadness.

And for me - Always times to Wish For Peace !!

Above is a Photo of a Crocheted Picture of a Dove carrying an Olive Branch - traditionally a "Bird of Peace" - that I made.

So, today - on 9/11/2019 - I have decided to again speak out for Peace !!

On Nov. 25, 2011, I wrote a blog post:
" THANKS - And A Voice For Peace", where I quoted a song written by Singer / Songwriter, Dan Fogelberg -- and here is just a few lines from the chorus of that song, "A Voice For Peace":


"Let mine (oh let my small voice) be a voice for peace
Oh let mime (oh let my small voice) be a voice for peace
Let mine (oh let my small voice) be a voice for peace
Let it start here with me
Oh let mine be a voice for peace"


So-o-o, let me say on this day, 9/11/2019, another day to "Never Forget" --

Never, Never Forget to Wish, Voice and Act for Peace!!!

No comments :