Sunday, June 4, 2017

Newest Crochet Lace - Yellow Star Crochet Lace Earrings - plus other Crochet Jewelry by RSS Designs In Fiber

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Get My Handmade in my Bonanza Booth or my Etsy Shop -- or Privately



 Yellow Star Dangle Crochet Lace Earrings - Handmade by RSS Designs In Fiber


These are the Newest line of Crochet Lace items I decided to make and sell online - Crochet Lace Dangle Earrings - Handmade By RSS Designs In Fiber - these are a Yellow Star In A Circle Dangles - 3 1/2 Inches in Diameter, which is considered "Extra Large" or "Jumbo" for Earring Dangles.

These are basically a Crochet Lace Round in a certain pattern - the type of which I make all the time - but for Earrings, they are tightly stitched and then starched to stay in shape when attached to Earring Wires.

Note:  These Yellow Star Earrings are in the "Handmade Heatwave Great Finds" by On Fire for Handmade for the week starting July 9, 2017 through July 15, 2017 - You can Vote for "RSS Designs 
In Fiber"

I had gotten some instructions/patterns for making Crochet Jewelry - mostly Chokers or Necklaces or Earrings - with Beads and I made one Choker with Wood Beads some time back:


 Wood Bead Choker Necklace - Handmade by RSS Designs In Fiber



But I decided to do more - in more colors and designs - and I have made a little bit of headway - and my first newer project was this longer Beaded Pendant Necklace with Matching Earrings in Aqua. 


 Aqua Beaded Necklace with Flower Pendant and Matching Earrings - Handmade By RSS Designs In Fiber




 The Aqua Beads and the Pendant are actually crocheted onto the crochet thread strands, that are crocheted in a design by Maggie Petsch Chasalow that I like, though I adapt it to my idea of what to make!

Then I had the idea to take one of my Wood Hoop projects with a Filet Crochet design inside it of a "Bird of Peace" (Dove with Olive Branch) - and make it a short Necklace/Choker:


 Bird of Peace Pendant Necklace - Handmade By RSS Designs In Fiber



I really enjoy crocheting with  Crochet Threads - which these are all crocheted with!  Making a Necklace / Choker / Earring Strand with Crochet Threads (sometimes doubled up) makes for a very lightweight Jewelry piece.  I use very strong crochet threads, which hold up well - and are washable and colorfast!

I have a Pinterest Board for My Handmade Jewelry - you can follow it on Pinterest for any new pieces I add to it - or follow me on Etsy, which is where I put the Crochet Jewelry I make!




1 comment :

SolanaKaiDesigns said...

I like the new items, Ruth. Your crocheted necklaces remind me of ones we used to macrame back in the late 60's. Very cool!