Thursday, January 1, 2009

IT'S A NEW YEAR!!

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Designs Wearable - Internet Shop of Wearable Items


It is a New Year - I was still up last night at midnight when it became 2009 and I thought - so now it is the new year and I am looking forward to some new things!!

One of the subjects frequently mentioned this time of year is New Year Resolutions.

Well, I am all too often making resolutions about different things and I live by some resolutions all the time and it doesn't have to be a New Year to make them!!

Actually, for some reason or reasons, this New Year I am hopeful of some good changes in some areas of life that I care a great deal about.

And one of the things I am grateful for is, of all things, that I found and got on Twitter!!

I am http://twitter.com/rssdesigns on Twitter.

I have found that Twitter is a great place to find out information and to communicate and make fast originations about things I want to make known publicly.

I have found some good connections through Twitter - and have found some people who are doing some really good things!!

The world and the Internet are vast -- I have found that checking the Profiles of people/groups on Twitter, I can find people with common interests and goals and connect up!!

You can do fast, quick posts, Direct Message, Reply, Follow -- and do it whenever you want or can! If you haven't tried it, you might want to!!

I am expecting some changes in our world in this New Year -- some facing up to realities and one of those is that this planet can physically only handle so much and we need to re-organize and restructure life on this planet so we can live here.

I put this on Twitter and I am going to say it again:

We all need to live within our means and do our very best to have an ecological footprint for one person.

Well, I am not sure - but the last time I took a "test" for my ecological footprint, it was pretty close to 1 person.

But I don't drive and primarily use public transportation, I do my best to buy "local" foods (within a 200 mile radius -- like I told someone at a local grocery store where they had cherries from Chile -- I don't buy food from overseas), I grow my own herbs and at times some veggies and, during the months when it is available, I get my fruit from a local orchard where I can pick it if I have time.

Now I am going to be concentrating on make children's clothes and other "wearables" in natural cotton yarns (Peaches and Creme worsted cotton in white and ecru). Watch for these in my shop, http://www.rssdesignswearables.etsy.com/ .

If you want to make some New Year Resolutions, go right ahead!!

But I believe in making them all year round -- as needed!!


Ruth

No comments :