Thursday, September 2, 2010

More Little Fiber Art Pieces - Inspired by Nature

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items In Fibers



Sometimes I see something in life -- and I want to make something!

Well, this is one of those instances!

My Rosemary Herb Plant in my front yard has some little Light Blue Blossoms on it now! I have had this plant for years now -- I actually use it for Fresh Rosemary in my cooking -- and my garden book says it is supposed to bloom in winter -- so I guess it is a little early this year, as it is late summer (we did have some cooler days and nights ???), but Whatever -- I saw them and decided to whip out something in my crochet!!

This is what resulted:




Truly Inspired by Nature - just the other day!!

I have literally hundreds of patterns and I can take different stitches and components and put them together to create a certain design.

This looks like a rather simple Round Design with a small Blue Flower inside some Green -- but the pattern is a bit complicated -- and, of course, I had to add something -- the final edge is done a little different - threw in something I learned in Celtic/Irish Crochet to give the edge a little bit more than a flat look - you can see that it curls up a little bit in this closeup!





You can find this pair in my Etsy Shop - BLUE ROSEMARY HERB BLOOM COASTERS OR TRINKET DOILIES!

It is also with a lot of other Flower Designs in Threads in this GUIDE here on my blog!

What have you seen in life that inspires you to make something??????