Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crochet Threads I Use and May Have Available For Sale

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items In Fibers




Here is a Slideshow of a few of the Crochet Threads that I use in my crochet (and sometimes knitting) projects from my Picasa Web Album. The captions are the name, size and color description of each thread. (You can always check this Picasa Album online to see if I have added any pictures of any new colors.)

Though I use a variety of crochet threads - what I can find in specific colors - for much of my crochet work I use DMC Crochet Cottons -- and these 2 are the ones I use the most:

DMC Pearl Cotton Balls - sizes 5, 8 and 12 (DMC Article 116)
DMC Cebelia Cotton Crochet Thread - sizes 10, 20 and 30 (DMC Article 167G/167GA)

The above links are to the online DMC Color Cards, where you can also find links to Color Descriptions and other Quick References.

I have my own stock of the colors that I usually use - but I have access to all the colors through a DMC Distributor.

I sell only through my Etsy shop -- and I am looking into putting in an order soon. I can do custom, reserved orders of combinations of colors and threads through my Etsy shop.

DMC Pearl Cotton has the most beautiful "lustrous", "pearly" sheen of any thread I have used -- and I often use it as an accent or main thread in my Thread Crochet projects! Size 8, which I use the most and comes in hundreds of colors including 30+ variegated colors, works up extrememly well with size 20 crochet threads -- but can be used for Flowers, Embellishments and Buttons on almost anything!!

If anyone is interested in getting some in any of their colors, you can contact me through my Etsy shop (Etsy Conversations) -- or leave a comment here with an email address.


Here are a few examples of my Thread Crochet using these DMC Threads -- and all of them have DMC Pearl Cotton in them!!







No comments :