Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Buffy Sainte-Maire Singing One of My All-Time Favorite Folk Songs!

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - My Handmade Designs on ARTFIRE and ETSY







One of my favorite Folk songs of all times -- heard it originally back in the early 1970's.

Thank You, Buffy Sainte-Marie for writing and singing such a poignant, to the point - and beautiful - song: "Universal Soldier"!!

It was very important and significant and personal to me back then -- I had friends in the Vietnam War draft, threatened with having to go fight - something they did not believe in! Some friends of mine, when they finished college, put in time as conscientious objectors rather than bear arms.

My own Father, when he served in the Armed Services, served in the Army Red Cross rather than bear arms. He still served our great country and its goals of its many freedoms, but did not fight.

Still important now.

Thank You, Eco-Interactive Voices, for having it on your website!!