Monday, February 16, 2009

MERCURY IN OUR FOODS??!! WATCH OUT FOR TOO MUCH OF....

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Designs Wearable - Internet Shop of Wearable Items


I saw a post yesterday on someone's blog - I thought it was kind of funny because it was about High Fructose Corn Syrup and why it can not be so good for you - especially if you get too much of it -- and not because of the sugar or the calories.

But first I would like to give the links to three articles/documents on the Internet, so you can read them yourself before you read here any further.

1. Chocolate Syrup Laced With Mercury http://greenearthjourney.blogspot.com/2009/02/chocolate-syrup-laced-with-mercury.html

2. Institue for Agriculture and Trade Policy -- Not So Sweet: Missing Mercury and High Fructose Corn Syrup http://www.healthobservatory.org/library.cfm?refid=105026

3. Mercury from chlor-alkali plants: measured concentrations in food product sugar. http://www.ehjournal.net/content/8/1/2


If you have even just taken a look at these three Internet documents - or actually read them through, you will realize that there seems to be some danger of getting toxic levels of Mercury from eating foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup in them.

I am not a scientist who can do tests - or evaluate other's tests - but I can read and it looks to me like there is a possibility of a health issue here.

I avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup because it is a sugar, and for my own personal health issues, I don't eat much sugar (especially in liquid form) and I watch my carbohydrates - in other words, I strive to eat a low-carbohydrate diet (especially simple carbohydrates - I prefer complex ones)because of my own health problems.

But I am also worried about ingesting/absorbing too many toxins/toxic substances because of problems that could occur or could be exacerbated, so I will file away this information about possible Mercury in High Fructose Corn Syrup and will just do my very best to avoid foods containing it - as a safety measure.

I am a label-reader - I read labels for the ingredients in foods I buy!!

What other people do is their business, but the data is available!

Maybe the manufacturers of High Fructose Corn Syrup should just take a few additional measures themselves -- and make sure that their High Fructose Corn Syrup that is used for food just doesn't have any Mercury in it!!

To a healthier world!!


Ruth

No comments :