Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Contribution to the ETSY THREAD ARTISTS ARTISTIC CHALLENGE January - February 2009

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Designs Wearable - Internet Shop of Wearable Items



One of my Teams on ETSY, ETSY THREAD ARTISTS, is having an Artistic Challenge.

It is our first one for our Team - and this Artistic Challenge was to crochet something in 3 shades of the same color.

I chose a pattern that I liked that was fairly complicated - and I chose to do it in shades of Yellow:















The three photos above - in order are:

top: the full doily
middle: the center of the doily
bottom: the outer area.

I love this kind of doily!

I am not sure how others feel about it, though I like it! It has popcorns and rounds of layered petals.

It is quite "sunny" - being in Yellows - and I did it in radiating circles of different shades to give it the brightness of a "sun"!

You can vote in our Artistic Challenge on our Team blog: http://etsythreadartists.blogspot.com/ !

There are a few entries and some beautiful examples of what you can do with color in crochet!!

Ruth






No comments :