Sunday, February 8, 2009

THE POWER OF COLOR IN CROCHET

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Designs Wearable - Internet Shop of Wearable Items


One of the members of my ETSY Team, Etsy Thread Artists did a Treasury and gave it the title, "The Power Of Color In Crochet".

Here is a picture of it - and this is the link to it on ETSY (it will expire Monday morning Feb. 9th): http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=38250




This is a subject dear to my heart.

I like to do art in colors. That was true when I was spending a lot of time doing photography and it is true now that I am doing my Designs In Fiber - both crochet and knitting. See my displays of my work on ETSY to the right here on my blog.

And the Treasury above has some good examples of working with color in the art of thread crochet.

My crochet piece, CIRCLES AND LAYERS OF YELLOWS, is in it and can be found on ETSY http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20239520

On ETSY, search in Handmade with the tag "threadartists" to see the variety of thread crochet our Etsy Thread Artists members have, including quite a large variety in colors!!


Ruth

1 comment :

BarbaraCrochetStudio said...

Dear Ruth,
I'm so happy and I appreciate very much that you dedicated your blog to my treasury!
I admire your designs, your sensitivity to color and details.
I'm delighted to know you!
Barbara