Friday, June 10, 2011

Newest Fiber Art Crochet - Vase of Red Roses - One-Of-A-Kind

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - My Handmade Designs on ARTFIRE and ETSY


Vase of Red Roses - Fiber Art 3D Roses in Garnet Reds and Mauve Pinks, Thread Crochet


The Finished Project!


A total of 18 3-dimensional Roses - yes, I "winged it" - making each one as I went along to fit them all together to look like a "Bouquet" in a Vase!!

All of the 3D Roses are made in different Reds and Pinks in Beautiful, really Lustrous DMC Pearl Cotton, which has its own sheen!!

I made them with larger, curving petals in different multi-layer designs to look like the "Cabbage Roses" I see on some of the bushes locally.

The White "Vase" is from the Elizabeth Hiddleson book that I mentioned in my Works-In-Progress blog article , done in Filet Crochet.

This is truly One-Of-A-Kind, though, because of the way I did the 3D Roses!!

See the Closeups of the different styles of 3D Roses:

Vase of Red Roses - Fiber Art 3D Roses in Garnet Reds and Mauve Pinks, Thread Crochet

And the Total Completed Work:

Vase of Red Roses - Fiber Art 3D Roses in Garnet Reds and Mauve Pinks, Thread Crochet

1 comment :

julie cavender said...

Your work is always amazing. The roses are fantastic. I'll bet the 3-D makes them even better.