Sunday, April 27, 2008

I AM JOINING THE TREE PLANTING CAMPAIGN, PLANT A BILLION TREES, A NATURE CONSERVANCY CAMPAIGN

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items
RSS Crochet Thread Plus - Internet Shop of Crochet Thread

It was in 2001 when I first read in the magazine of The Nature Conservancy about the project to replant trees in Brazil's Atlantic Forest to restore it.

With only 7% of the original tropical forest left, it is one of the hottest biodiveristy hotspots on the planet. (Read the website of Conservation International to find out about biodiversity hotspots.)

So, today, I found out about the campaign of The Nature Conservancy to Plant A Billion Trees in The Atlantic Forest of Brazil.

I have made my first contribution today - it is one dollar for one tree - simple - do you want to make your own contribution?

I am putting the "widget" for the campaign here on my blog.

My goal is 1000 for right now - I want a lot of trees planted!!

This planet has had too many trees cut down!!

What can you do???? What do you want to do????

Ruth

No comments :