Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Idea - Cluny Lace Doily with 3D Roses

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber - Internet Shop of Handmade Items In Fibers








I was working on the Fall Color Project I showed the motif of earlier, when I had a new idea and just had to try it!

I have some designs of Cluny Lace that I really like -- so I took a look and could envision these 3D Roses around it.

I crocheted the Cluny Lace piece and then figured how big the space was for the flower.

I have quite a lot of crochet thread in different sizes -- I chose the size 30 thread in the variegated thread of cream, light green and light-medium pink. I did a 3-layer, 8-petal round Rose - and added a 4th layer with slightly elongated petals in a dark green.

With the contrast of the light 3D flower on the dark green larger petals - around a cream doily, it looked just as romantic as I wanted it to!

For sale here - in my Etsy shop!

2 comments :

Kenna Elizabeth said...

I like the blended colors in the roses. :)

Faith said...

Hi Ruth

Happy Thanksgiving..to you and your family.....it is starting to smell real good here at my place..
mmmm....

Faith