Monday, May 11, 2009

A Video About Conservation International's Strategy - Biodiversity Hotspots - from Harrison Ford

I've been reading and I've been writing.

I've listened to scientists speak and have read what they wrote -- and written about it here.

It was in the Conservation Strategy of the Sierra Nevada Forest Protection Campaign from 1999 (which I have an original copy of) that I first read about Biodiversity Hotspots. You see, that is because the Sierra Nevada is an identified globally significant Biodiversity Hotspot (inside the California Floristic Province Biodiversity Hostspot).

With a little bit of research, I found out about Conservation International and their books.

But here in this video are pictures from our planet and the voice of the author of the Foreword for the book, "HOTSPOTS: Earth's Biologically Richest and Most Endangered Terrestrial Ecoregions", Harrison Ford.

So, I will let him say it -- his way.

You could always get the book and read it!!

And if you would rather watch the video on YouTube, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqMYXBm3mE

You know, if we really do it, we might just literally keep this planet and atmosphere livable longer!!


Ruth

No comments :